We are doing a lot of work on 3Ware tuning at RAL in order to optimise performance for the CCRC.
Our main area of concern has been the terrible performance in concurrent read/write. Basically all the I/O
seems to go to the writers.

Few things make a difference, but the blockdev tweak up does improve the read performance and we have
also seen good results with the anticipatory scheduler (at the expense of overall throughput).

Bad concurrent read is a real killer for us as it hits migration to tape. I expect James Jackson (cc:) who
is doing the work will blog/wiki a lot of our tests shortly. Also interested in other peoples experience.

Regards
Andrew