Interesting suggestion passed to us by our LMC secretary. I was going
to do this anyway, but he kindly provided the link enabling me to do
it with little effort (apart from looking up my NI number!)

I have just submitted a query to the NHS pensions agency asking for an
estimate of my pension lump sum and annual value as at 31.3.08 if I
were to take early retirement. This is not to imply in any way that I
will retire then, but I might. Would other GP's perhaps consider
having a free update on their pension value, maybe to check for the
45% rise in value that was promised by the GPC.

This action could send a powerful message to a government
organisation, if it was suddenly inundated with enquires. It took me
less than 5 minutes and required either your National insurance number
, or your SD number (an 8 digit number from your last enquiry), though
paradoxically it would not accept both, at the following website.

http://www.nhspa.gov.uk/nhspa_site/contact/contact_us.cfm

Might I suggest that you include the date of valuation to be as at 31.3.08.

--
Best Wishes

Paul Bromley

www.informatiks.com