GPC - Turning the Tanker Can we?

Sorry for cross-posting, but active discussions on EMIS and GP-UK list
at the moment.

There seems to be quite a number on both lists who think the proposed
ballot is about as democratic as a fixed communist election. So, Fay &
Trefor, how can we set about making our voices heard at the GPC? Who
are the best peopl for us to e-mail and who will consider our e-mails
and take action?

What does this governement have to do to us before we take action? We
have no rise in expenses for 3 years whilst costs escalate, and no
sign of any payrise. We get numerous unilateral changes in the
contract (can we unilaterally change it by the way?). Now we get this
fiasco with Extended hours. How do we get the GPC to ask the
grassroots GPs if they wish to reject option A with a view to
re-negotiating the contract. If HMG then say no negotiations, then it
is surely time for war.

Recently on Radio 4 someone from the GPC wasted the whole segment
arguing that they were in touch with and representing the GPs. Th
interviewer at the time was implying that many GPs actually favoured
the extended hours arrangement (GPC seemed to be arguing that we were
opposed to the reccomendations and they were representing us with this
view. Now we get news of the proposed ballot, and it would seem to me
that they do not give a monkeys what our views are, and hence cannot
possibly be representing us.

So Fay & Trefor again I ask - how can we turn this tanker? I refuse to
add 'Super' as a prefixe

--
Best Wishes

Paul Bromley