Do you ever get to play that beautiful organ in Newark Parish Church Mike?
I went to the C of E school attached to the church, and attended it until I eventually moved away, but as I was baptised there, as was my daughter, and my fathers funeral was held there although it was standing room only for that service as the place was so packed out with his mates and fans so I feel a special attachment to the place.
We were lucky enough to hear many recitals there, and had a special tour when it was completely renovated many years ago.
At grammar school we often sang there in the school choir.
I took my hubby to evensong there before I jumped ship to the Catholic side to enable us to worship as a family together.
I have not attended many Catholic churches, and have never been to a large RC church or cathedral, but, as yet I have never felt that amazing awe in any RC church that I felt at Newark, (or Southwell) and I believe it was the fantastic sound and acoustics that was responsible for this.
My brother in law was privileged enough to do some of the restoration work,
Loved the photos!

On Feb 2, 2008 12:07 PM, Michael Leuty <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On 02/02/2008, Michael Leuty <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Now I worship pipe organs, and I found two very good ones in a
> Benedictine monastery deep in the bush, barely 100 miles from where
> Jenny is going.

Sorry, forgot the pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmleuty/158957032/in/set-72057594134049921/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmleuty/158961505/in/set-72057594134049921/