I have just made a brill discovery.
 I am probably just thick and everyone else knows about it and cos am behind the times.
There are credit cards, Visa and Mastercards, for kids, that you top up at post offices or on the net, that cannot get overdrawn and will only allow the kiddywinkle/teen to spend what is actually in their account.
My 11 year old tops hers up at the post office with her pocket money, and then uses it online to pay for her club penguin account.
What a fab way to get kids savvy about debt and responsible use of grown up credit cards!
I think debt management and interest rates/mortgage management should be taught at school, but it just isnt, so this is a fantastic way of teaching the little monkeys responsibility.
I got an extra card so that I can top up her card if she goes to stay with friends, as an emergency, but its reassurring to know that if she goes on a school trip abroad she can have access to money of she needs it.
She checks her own statements and I think this is great.
Anyone else use them?