Dear all,
submission deadline for the 3IGC is approaching soon (Feb. 29) and invite you to consider your scientific contribution to the following symposium:

- Marine and Continental Fold and Thrust Belts (STT6)

Continental fold and thrust belts spectacularly express lithospheric deformation processes and their study pioneered our understanding in modern structural geology and plate tectonics. Marine fold and thrust belts, coequal spectacular, became increasingly eminent during the past decades due to extensive geophysical data acquisition pursued by off-shore exploration along various continental margins. Though individual fold and thrust systems may have developed under considerably different boundary conditions they reveal remarkable similarities in internal architecture and style of deformation. The symposium’s intention is to bring together scientists from research and industry to discuss those similarities in fold and thrust belt architectures, the underlying kinematics and mechanics in context of the different tectono-stratigraphic settings. We welcome contributions from a multi-disciplinary spectrum of relevant approaches focusing on fold and thrust belt development that may regard local to regional studies, analog/numerical experiments or application of innovative technologies.

We will have 3 invited lectures and a special volume with a major publishers is planned summarizing the topics of symposium.

Thanks,
Hermann Lebit (Marathon Oil Company)
Rob Butler (University of Aberdeen)
Signe Ottesen (StatoilHydro)
Stefano Mazolli (University Naples)
Chris Hedlund (Shell International)

Website: www.33igc.org

Important dates:

Abstract submission: 29 February 2008
Conference registration (for abstract inclusion): 31 March 2008
IGC conference: 6 - 14 August 2008