Actually, I would argue that it is VERY difficult to track from the
chiasm to V1. if you want to define the optic tract you may not be able
to with axially aquired data if your slice thickness is too large or
have gaps. as far as the optic radiata go. you may need to use symmetric
masks in the anterior optic radiation and V1. look at

      Underdevelopment of Optic Radiation in Children With Amblyopia: A
Tractography Study.
      American Journal of Ophthalmology, Volume 143, Issue 4, Pages 642-646
      S. Xie, G. Gong, J. Xiao, J. Ye, H. Liu, X. Gan, Z. Jiang, X. Jiang

or

    Between session reproducibility and between subject variability of
diffusion MR and tractography measures
    Neuroimage, Volume 33, Issue 3, 15 November 2006, Pages 867-877
    E. Heiervang, T.E.J. Behrens, C.E. Mackayc, M.D. Robsonc and H.
Johansen-Berga

cheers
Scott

--