Hi,

I would first check that the identity transformation truly does relate
your images.  Do this by running flirt:
	flirt -in diffimage -ref anatomical -init $FSLDIR/etc/flirtsch/
ident.mat -applyxfm -out diff2anat
then load diff2anat and anatomical into fslview.  If you are happy with
this then you can copy $FSLDIR/etc/flirtsch/ident.mat into the place
where the diffusion to structural registration file would normally
be saved and everything should work from then on.

Alternatively, you can use the above flirt command to manually resample
masks or other images between the two resolutions (in either direction).
Remember to rethreshold and binarise your mask image after
transformation,
as voxels may only partly overlap and hence generate values between 0
and 1.

All the best,
	Mark