Hi,

This doesn't sound like too small an ROI; FEAT doesn't implement the
'official' small-volume correction, but in general it doesn't make
much difference anyway. I would go ahead and use this as a pre-
thresholding mask in FEAT. The problem with using randomise in FEAT is
that it doesn't correctly deal with autocorrelations (if this is a
first-level analysis) or full mixed-effects modelling (if this is a
higher-level analysis).

Cheers.

On 15 Feb 2008, at 20:59, Soohyun Cho wrote:

> Hello experts,
>
> I am trying to do small volume correction limiting my search for
> activations within the frontal cortex.
> I made a mask by combining all of the frontal cortex of the Harvard
> Oxford atlas (frontal pole + MFG + IFGtri + IFGop).
>
> If I use this frontal mask as a prethresholding mask within feat,
> would there be any problems? e.g. perhaps this volume is too small
> for Random Field Theory to work properly?
>
> Is it better to use this mask with Randomise for small volume
> correction?
>
> Thank you for your response.
>
> Soohyun.

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)