From: GO [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 07 February 2008 16:14
To: GO
Subject: Call for Papers in World Archaeological Congress (WAC-6) in Dublin Jun/Jul, Deadline 22nd February

Dear Colleagues,

Appologies for cross-posting.

Hi! It is Go Sugimoto from The University of Florence, Italy. We are
organizing a session on "Against the monopoly of archaeology - Standards
and interoperability for global information sharing" within the Digital
Archaeology Theme of WAC 6 (6th World Archaeological Congress), to be
held in Dublin during 29 June - 4 July, 2008. We would like to invite
you to the final call for papers (15-20 min presentation) of our
session. Please find out more about our session at:
http://www.ucd.ie/wac-6/programme/105.html

*Papers submissions are due February 22*, and if the session deadline is
any indication, late is not an option. Please advertise far and wide,
and send them to the WAC-6 site to submit.
*Please submit calls for papers to the WAC list, it's easy (on-line
submission). *

See the example below:

Subject should be CALL FOR PAPERS: Session Title

Body should be your abstract. Please mention the Archaeology in the
Digital Age Theme.

Call for Papers: TECHNIQUES OF ROCK ART RECORDING

Inés Domingo Sanz (Department of Archaeology, Flinders University of
South Australia)

Liam M. Brady (Centre for Australian Indigenous Studies, Monash
University, Australia)

Format: Round Table

Abstract:
This session focuses on technical developments and standardizations in
rock art research. Rock art is an ephemeral and fragile example of
heritage and a source of information about past and present
socio-cultural practices and beliefs. Rock art recording is, therefore,
essential to preserving and studying this form of cultural heritage but
also to introducing it to a wider audience. In the era of globalization,
and rapid developments in computer technology, new techniques of rock
art recording have been developed, but they are not always used
internationally. This session aims to bring together rock art
researchers to explore the impact of these recording techniques in
different countries.

Any questions please contact: Dr. Ines Domingo Sanz ([log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
Dr. Liam Brady ([log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

SUBMIT ABSTRACT: http://www.ucd.ie/wac-6/

Please find more info at:
BLOG: http://digitalarchaeology.wordpress.com/
Official WAC website: http://www.ucd.ie/wac-6/
Facebook group:
http://berkeley.facebook.com/p.php?i=1216288&k=Z3A44XUZT65M5BBEXGX6TW
<http://berkeley.facebook.com/p.php?i=1216288&k=Z3A44XUZT65M5BBEXGX6TW>

Appologies for cross-posting, and we thank you for your attention.
We look foward to hearing from you shortly.
Your faithfully,
GO SUGIMOTO
CHIRON fellow, Vast-Lab, PIN, The University of Florence, Italy

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the
views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it
from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in
any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.