***apologies for cross posting***

Journal of British Cinema and Television

Call for papers, Issue 12: On Colour in British Cinema and Television

Deadline for submission to issue editors Simon Brown and Sarah Street
is the end of Dec 2008. Each article should be no more than 8,000
words and no less and 5,000. We are interested in responses to the
call for papers in any area that relates to colour and British Cinema
and Television from any period. Please send a proposal of 400-750
words outlining your area of interest by 1 April 2008. We are
particularly interested in articles on the following themes:-

Particular colour processes that were used in Britain.
Early colour television.
Colour and home movies.
Colour in feature films.
Colour and British Animation and/or Documentary and/or avant-garde.
Issues of colour restoration.
The use of colour in contemporary television series such as The
British Empire in Colour.
An interview with someone who has worked with colour or who has
particular views on the use of colour in film and/or television (this
should not exceed 5,000 words).
Textual analyses of the use of colour.
Colour and Theory.
Colour and Audiences

Details on house style, length and other issues can be found on the
Edinburgh University Press website: http://www.eup.ed.ac.uk/

Contact details of issue editors:-

Simon Brown: [log in to unmask]
Sarah Street: [log in to unmask]