Dear All,

please share with any qualified candidates in your programs.
Thanks!
Matthew H. Bernstein

EMORY UNIVERSITY, FILM STUDIES.  Emory University invites applications for a
tenure-track position for an assistant professor to teach undergraduate and
graduate courses in the Department of Film Studies.  Appointment begins
August 2008.  We are particularly interested in applicants whose research
focuses on critical, historical or theoretical approaches to gender in film.
We welcome applications from scholars whose research and teaching interests
might include feminist film theory, classical and contemporary film theory,
Hollywood or other national cinemas; also narrative or alternative cinemas,
animation, queer cinema; also popular culture, television and new media.
Candidates must possess a Ph.D., evidence of excellence in teaching, and
show promise of innovative scholarship, as well as dedication to building a
small program .  Please send a letter of application, CV and three letters
of recommendation to Search Committee, Department of Film Studies, Emory
University, Atlanta, GA 30322.   Review begins March 1, 2008. Emory
University is an EEO/AA employer.

*
*
Film-Philosophy salon