You do get instances in fiction films when 'real' footage is cut into
the main narrative. This can be a cost-saving device for large crowd
scenes, for example. I can't think of specific films, but we have
often watched a film where documentary footage is shown in an
establishing shot of, say, a sports stadium, and is then followed by
a more limited shot of the crowd where our protagonists are acting.
You might also consider many unplanned moments in Italian neo-
realism, where real crowds of non-actors and unstaged spaces  provide
the backdrops for the narrative action. Rosselini's was trilogy, for
example.
Finally, there is a moment in Robert Flaherty's staged documentary
Man of Aran where Pegeen Mike, played by a non-professional,
genuinely gets into trouble as a wave engulfs her and one of the
other actors drags her out of the swell by the hair.

*
*
Film-Philosophy salon
*