Message
The notice below, on research opportunities in the School of Education at Leeds, is worded quite generally. If you are considering postgraduate research in an ESOl-related area, feel free to contact me directly.
James

*****

 The School of Education at the University of Leeds is offering a number of Postgraduate Research Degree scholarships (deadline 31 May 2008 – details at http://www.education.leeds.ac.uk/prospective/scholarships.php). These include one ESRC Studentship for 2008/09.

The Centre for Language Education Research (CLER) in the School of Education welcomes applications for these scholarships from candidates interested in doing a PhD. If you are interested in applying, please consider the scholarship details above and read more about doing a PhD in the School of Education at http://www.education.leeds.ac.uk/prospective/research-postgraduates/programme.php and about CLER at http://www.education.leeds.ac.uk/research/language/

We also suggest that before you apply you review the list of research areas in Language Education in which we can offer supervision at http://www.education.leeds.ac.uk/research/language/language_research.php and contact the School of Education Admissions Office ([log in to unmask]). The Office will put you in touch with a member of staff with expertise in your chosen area to discuss your proposal.

Dr James Simpson
School of Education
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT
UK
http://www.education.leeds.ac.uk/people/staff.php?staff=39
+44 (0)113 343 4687

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at: http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]