*apologies for cross posting*

Supporting a Diverse Student Population:  Disclosing Disability on Professional Programmes

Prof Nicky Stanley & Dr Julie Ridley, Social Work Department, University of Central Lancashire

12.30 - 4.00pm, Wednesday, 12th March, 2008

Greenbank Building, Room 202, University of Central Lancashire, Preston PR1 2HE

The seminar will report on a recent study undertaken as part of the Disability Rights Commission’s Formal Investigation into Fitness Standards in Nursing, Teaching and Social Work.  The research explored the process and consequences of disclosing disability on professional training programmes from the perspectives of disabled students. There will be opportunities to discuss the research methodology and for participants to consider the implications of the research for developing positive strategies for recruiting and retaining disabled students on professional programmes.

Places are limited: to book a place, contact Nick Mathauda in the Social Work Department at the University of Central Lancashire at [log in to unmask]  or 01772  893936.  Please let Nick know if you have any communication, access or dietary needs and if you need a parking space reserved.

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it

Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy

Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us

Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free

The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131