Thanks very much to Claire Wickham and Margaret Byron - I have now had a reply from a qualified oncologist who uses a wheelchair. He had an accident during his medical degree and now uses a wheelchair. He did the last three years of the degree in a wheelchair, and has written a book about his experiences. This can be downloaded here: http://www.lulu.com/content/614647

The student at my end is really pleased, and is going to get in touch with the author. So thanks again.

Bryan

Bryan Coleman
Disability Support Officer
Disability Support Office
Student Support and Services
University of Manchester

LG020 John Owens Building

Oxford Road

Manchester M13 9PL

Tel: 0161 275 8523

Fax: 0161 275 7018

Minicom: 0161 275 2794

Text: 07899 663512 / 07899 658790

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named recipient and may be confidential. If you are not the named recipient please email the sender immediately then delete this message. You should not disclose the content, distribute or retain any copies of this message.
If you are the intended recipient of this email and the content of this email concerns one or more disabled students, please bear in mind that the information that it contains may be confidential and that medical history information in particular may be very sensitive.  Information is disclosed only to facilitate support of that student.  Recommendations made for the support of the student are unlikely to be confidential, but the reasons for those recommendations may be.