**Apologies for cross posting**

We are pleased to announce the next seminar in the DEP funded research seminar series, on the theme of Inclusive Policy and Practice.

Details of the full series are now available on the Higher Education Academy website (www.heacademy.ac.uk/ourwork/learning/disability/events) including details of how to book. Places at the seminars are free but limited - book early to avoid disappointment.

Disability Equality Partnership

Inclusive policy and practice: Research Seminar Series

You are cordially invited to attend the next seminar in our series:

Access, Participation & Achievement: showcasing good practice to support disabled students in Higher Education

by

Eleanor Girt, Director of the Disability & Dyslexia Unit, UEL

Heather Serdar, Disability Coordinator, School of Education, UEL

Speaker from the Disabled Student Voice

Gurmit Lard, Postgraduate Student, UEL

Wednesday 2nd April 2008

University of East London, Stratford Campus

1pm - 4pm

The seminar will cover:

·         Inclusive practice in student recruitment, participation & achievement

·         Using assistive technology to support active participation

·         Designing user-friendly materials for Virtual Learning Environments

·         Achieving the 1st Charter Mark for student services

This seminar will aim to engage all participants so come prepared to contribute and play an active part!

There are 80 free places available for this seminar, and these will be allocated on a strictly first-come-first served basis.  You should await confirmation of a place before attending.

To reserve your place, please email [log in to unmask] by 12.00 on Wednesday 26th March. Please indicate if you have any accessibility or dietary requirements at the time of booking.

Presentation material will be made available to delegates in advance of the seminar.

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it

Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy

Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us

Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free

The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131