From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gerard Conroy
Sent: 20 February 2008 14:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [DIS-FORUM] Wikis/twikis/blogs and stuff - Help!

I am interested in this subject too. As an ex-academic I can say that generally the content is taken for granted, provision by distance means is taken as a technical problem divorced from academic considerations.

By involving students in the preparation of materials opens up a whole new can of worms, they cannot be expected to be responsible for accessibility. Some central body has to take on this responsibility. This begs the question of who is to tell academics and others that their material must be accessible not just the delivery mechanism.

Gerard Conroy