Leonard Thomas wrote:
> A couple of nagging problems, one related directly to Coot the other
> more operating system dependent I think.
>
> First problem is on some OSX systems when I try  and initially run
> Coot 0.4.1 the system hangs after the splash screen with the following
>
> art_render_invoke:no image source given

art_render_invoke is unrelated to slow start up (the first time).  It
happens to me too (on my shiny new iMac).

> On one system it cleared up after a reinstall on an other system that
> is hanging the executable works on different machines.
>

> As for the other problem, I have a linux box running Fedora 6.   When
> trying to run through the sequence using the space bar the jump is
> VERY slow, go out get a coffee slow.  I know it is computer specific
> but really have no idea what to look at.   Oh, this problem is not
> version specific and Coot use to run fine.  No changes have been made
> to the system in ages which is why this is so puzzling.

I guess I accidentally upped it.  I will put it down a bit again.
Anyway, here is the URL for the appropriate section in the manual
(googling for "slow coot" didn't find it - maybe it will after this gets
archived :-)

http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/~emsley/coot/doc/chapters/user-manual_8.html#SEC194

I'm thinking we need another startup tip...

Paul