Q Why do we need a logo?
A Same reason we need an acronym (UKCP), to identify our collective selves to others.
Q Do we really want a corporate identity?
A No, I don't think anyone is suggesting we become a corporation. Rather, a suggestion made in the past (yet to be taken up) was that we become a workers' co-operative. I think that idea is one still worth pursuing.
Q Are we actually a collective in any meaningful sense?
A Apparently yes when we felt the need to release some public statements about poverty, about CBT and about Seroxat. And, apparently yes when we are applying for BPS recognition. But, no in the sense that we have no formal rules and regs (which is something I think we need - one of the problems with the European Network of CP was that it operated much like a gentleman's club for a group of philanthropic professors).
Q What do we agree on which is not trivially superficial?
A I hope that the collective CPUK position of solidarity with the Seroxat User Group was neither trivial nor superficial. It was experienced as neither by SUG themselves. I believe that taking a stance against poverty and against CBT is not trivial nor superficial but risks becoming so when not accompanied by some further collective action.
Q Isn't the fish a Christian symbol?
A Yes, I believe the christian church has historically been represented by a load of pollocks
Q Do we want to reinforce nationalism?
A No, but do we want to ignore cultural and historical context. I don't see CPUK as a nationalistic movement.
Q Why would we want to be seen as sponsors of the Lisbon meeting, especially without actually playing any sponsorship role (especially intellectually) or knowing what it will accomplish for whom?
A Might we want to position ourselves so we are better placed to understand/influence what the conference will/does accomplish and for whom? Might being a sponsor also remind us that CPUK is being represented at such shin-digs by an plutocracy who are largely academics and that this is a problem.
Q Given the distribution of wealth and power, does 'international community psychology' mean anything other in practice than United Statesian Community Psychology?
A Not by default, but by our collective negligence. That is why CPUK should maybe have a presence greater than one that is only implied.
Q Is predatory behaviour OK after all as long as we are the predator rather than the prey?
A Yes, if we go after greedy, socially irresponsible corporations. Of course, the little fishies ain't the predator, they've just disguised themselves to appear something other than prey.
Q Isn't the image as representative of a lynch mob as it is of any thing else?
A Yes, the greater problem would be if it were more representative of it than anything else.

I would replace all of the above question with the following question:
"Do we want to adopt coroporate quasi marketing-speak when we define what we are?"
To which I would answer, "No, that was my mistake. Maybe a sign of how the government is trying to turn academics like me into entrepreneurs... Anyhow, I was just interested to see if the idea for the logo had  landing gears as well as wings.... opps"

Paul Duckett
Division of Psychology and Social Change
Manchester Metropolitan University
England
Phone +44 161 247 2552
Fax +44 161 247 6364