Finally dug out the notes I made for passing peaks to nlinLS for fitting.
I did indeed encounter the initial linewidth guess problem also, and I got
around it by inserting a guess as described.  The bit about adding a
TROUBLE column to the outputed peaks should be obsolete now as Wim added
this at the time at my request.  Any code is 2006 vintage, so it almost
certainly needs data model bit checking before use.

To do the fitting really well, it would be nice to take processing into
acount also in nlinLS.  I posted to the nmpipe mailing list on this