Dear protein purifiers,
Off topic question: Is there a general rule for how fast you can load,
wash and elute from affinity columns, e.g. glutathione agarose?  The
product insert from Sigma says load under gravity flow.  For the
volume of cell lysate I have, gravity loading would take an
excruciatingly long time.  I want to hook up a peristaltic pump to
speed things along, but don't really have a feel for just how fast one
can load a column in general (I realize this is also dependent on the
construct, the buffer, etc). What about the subsequently wash or
elution?
Thanks for help
Eric

--