Thanks SO much Matthew!  Trevor gave a really substantial reading here in Providence in October & I know people were looking for the book.
Mairead

On Feb 6, 2008 9:39 AM, Matthew Geden <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Brief summary for those who couldn't make it:
Trevor launched his new book, What's in Store published by New Writers' Press and The Gig, at Calanan's in Cork last night. Great old-fashioned pub with a tiny snug that has barrels instead of seats. After the briefest of introductions Trevor read for 15mins to an unusually silent and attentive audience. He read versions from the Chinese and also from folk songs remade finishing with the wonderful Capital Accounts dedicated to Patrick Galvin who unfortunately couldn't make it:

Nothing
is happening
but flowers
on the mountain:

falling always
falling through
his reach
they fall.

Good to see lots of new faces and a young, well younger than me, new audience. Afterwards there was a music session brewing in the back room but sadly I had to leave before the end. The book itself is a handsome volume with over 300 pages of poems written between 2000 and 2007, essential reading for anyone interested in poetry of any nationality.

Best, Matthew Geden

Find the home of your dreams with eircom net property
Sign up for email alerts now http://www.eircom.net/propertyalerts