Hi Paul,

The idea is that you keep your Bb_Bb60 activity table small - keeping
only a few months of data - whilst having everything continually being
fed into your stats database. You can set the purge tool to purge all
data older than a certain date from your Bb_Bb60 activity table. This
keeps the performance of your production database up where you want it.
You just need to set the DAYS TO KEEP value to, say 180 days and
everything older gets removed. The purge tool runs nightly on our
installation.

When you run queries to get usage data you should run them against your
stats database as this will hold everything.

Hope that helps?

Gerard Elder
VLE Systems Development Officer
Blackboard Administrator