From: Archivists, conservators and records managers. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gary Collins
Sent: 31 January 2008 11:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Arrest of Archivist in New York

This also appeared here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080128/ap_on_re_us/artifact_arrest

Gary Collins
Project Archivist
British Cartoon Archive
Templeman Library
University of Kent
Canterbury
CT2 7NU

01227 823109

http://library.kent.ac.uk/cartoons/

----- Original Message -----
From: Pam Cranston <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:42 am
To: [log in to unmask]

> Oops!
>
> Taylor Richard wrote:
> >
> > See links below: from the US Archives listserv.  This
> will ring many
> > bells with anyone who attended last November's PSQG seminar on
> > balancing security with access!
> >

> <http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=659133&category=FRONTPG&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=1/29/2008
> >
> <http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=659133&category=FRONTPG&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=1/29/2008>>>
> >

> > If that link breaks up try  http://tinyurl.com/25tuw9
> >

> > ======================
> >
> > Richard Taylor BA MArAd
> >
> > Senior Curator, Knowledge and Access
> >
> > National Railway Museum
> >
> > Leeman Road
> >
> > York YO26 4XJ
> >

> > Tel: 01904 686289
> >
> > Fax: 01904 611112
> >
> > Email: [log in to unmask]
> >
> > ======================
> >

> > This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named
> addressee only
> > and are confidential. If you have received this e-mail in
> error please
> > notify the sender immediately, delete the message from your
> computer
> > system and destroy any copies. Any views expressed in this
> message are
> > those of the individual sender and may not reflect the views
> of the
> > National Museum of Science & Industry. This email has been
> scanned for
> > all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
>

> --
>
> Sincerely
>
> Pamela Cranston
> -------------------------------------
> Photographic Archives
> Dept of Special Collections
> University of St Andrews
> University Library
> North Street
> St Andrews
> Fife
> KY16 9TR
>
> Tel:  01334 462328
> Fax:  01334 462282
> email: [log in to unmask]
> Web:  http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/specialcollections/
> http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/specialcollections/Photographiccollection/

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by F-Secure Messaging Security Gateway for the presence of computer viruses.