In view of the evident lack of published literature on this, perhaps I could draw attention to the distance learning module on Archives as an Information Resource (Module C6) I prepared in 2002 for the University of Liverpool (LUCAS) distance learning Diploma / Certificate in Professional Studies: Archives and Records Management.

While this doesn't exactly match Teresa's criteria - as it's aimed at people working in archives rather than for people in Higher Education generally - it does cover research skills, including the location, selection and interpretation of archival resources.

I'm not sure about general availability, but I expect that LUCAS would be sympathetic to a request from anyone with a specific need or interest

Chris Pickford
E-mail: [log in to unmask]