Hello,

For those of you who have contacted me about the Directory of Photographic
Collections in the UK, thank you for the great interest you have shown - it
shows there is a need for this type of website. I will be responding to your
e-mails in the next few days so please bear with me.

I should perhaps explain a little bit more about the Directory which is
still under development.
At present we are not published and won’t be until later this year - so the
present website address will change to a different one (please do not
publish the address on any website or message board - it does not help us),
and when we do publish I will be posting a notice on this listserve and
others giving full details.

At present we are only adding institutions within the London area before we
begin with the rest of the UK, I am sure you realise this is a very big
project and will take some time to complete. When we do publish we will be
contacting you - we want you in the Directory.
The types of institutions we are adding are museums, libraries, archives,
not commercial picture libraries, - again, please contact me so I can
discuss this with you.

As I mentioned since the website is still in development it requires some
modification of certain functions and the addition of pages, one function
which is not working is the ‘List Your Collection’ form - please do not use
this as the message will bounce back to you. If you are in the London area
and I haven’t contacted you please contact me - I will discuss the Directory
and the range and type of information needed to create an entry.

Again, your interest in the Directory is very welcomed.

All the best,

Bob

Robert Pullen
Research Assistant in Photographic Collections
Photography and the Archive Research Centre
University of the Arts London
London College of Communication
Elephant & Castle
London