  From: Arch-Metals Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of
Chris Thornton
  Sent: 08 February 2008 07:31
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: Re: the term archaeometallurgy

  Goodway, M. (1991) Archaeometallurgy: evidence of a paradigm shift? In (P.
B. Vandiver, J. Druzik & G. S. Wheeler, eds.) Material Issues in Art and
Archaeology II. Pittsburgh: Materials Research Society, pp. 705-712.

  in this paper, Martha cites Beno Rothenberg as the source of the term when
he created the "Institute of Archeo-Metallurgical Studies" at UCL.  Someone
could contact Beno and see if he remembers where the term came from...

  best,
  chris