Message
Dear Colleagues,

I thought you might be interested in a Department for Work and Pensions current consultation document that includes a proposal to withdraw Access to Work Funding from Public sector bodies - see the link below.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/publications/dwp/2007/des-consultation/full-consultation.pdf

The relevant section is Chapter 5 from page 57 onwards and, in particular, paragraphs 23 - 25.  The consultation questions are on page 64.

Here at Leeds there are some individuals who are planning to respond in their own right and we are looking into the practicality of a University response.

We thought you might want to consider a response from your own HEIs, in which case the deadline for responses is 10th March.

Kathy Aveyard
Equality and Diversity Manager
The Equality Service
Social Sciences Building
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT

Telephone 0113 343 3964 (calls via RNID Typetalk are welcome)
Textphone 0113 343 2616
Fax 0113 343 3944

website: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]