Hello colleagues,

I am wondering if you reject requests of lipid profile for in-hospital patients or patients in ICU. I learned that lipid profile should defer analysis for 3 weeks after minor illness and 3 months after major illness because HDL and LDL are negative acute phase reactants. Do we have guidelines to support this practice? Thanks.

Amy-Huiquan Lou, PhD.

Clinical Chemist

Department of Laboratory Medicine

Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Charlottetown, Canada

Telephone: (902) 894-2316

Fax: (902) 894-2385

LEGAL DISCLAIMER This electronic message is from Bromley Hospitals NHS Trust and it may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient any disclosure, copying, retransmission, distribution, dissemination, action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon this email is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please accept our apologies and notify the sender. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority to be the views of Bromley Hospitals NHS Trust. ------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/ ------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/