Ian,

CSF ferritin is massively raised in siderosis. We use a reference range of <12 ug/L derived from CSF obtained from patients in our institution where no pathology had been demonstrated.

Ian

Dr Ian D Watson

Consultant Biochemist

Dept Clinical Neurobiochemistry

The Walton Centre for Neurology & Neurosurgery

Lower Lane

Liverpool

L9 7LJ

Tel +44 151 529 3575 (office)