Hoover theory  has to do with orgasm and the vagina acting as a sort of
reservoir. The shape of the vaginal canal, it is said, is conductive to
collecting and pooling semen. The contractions of the canal and the movement
of the cervix during orgasm dip the cervix into this pool and act like a
sort of siphon aiding in the uptake into the uterus. I think I came across
it in Meridith Small's *What's Love Got To Do With It*. Going back and
pulling it up, it seems only cursorily related. I was remembering mostly the
pooling aspect.

On a side note, there are some tribes in the pacific rim that have a
somewhat similar practice. I'll have to check on the specific name of the
tribe, but they have gender divided housing and when a boy turns 13 he
begins living with the men. During this time they practice homosexual
intercourse out of the belief that the men are giving the boy all the semen
he will need during his life.

I have to agree with Harry though. The issue in question here definitely
smacks of extreme feminism.

--
Ty Falk
~~~~~~~