Mary Christine Erikson wrote:

It's on the cover of my Tantra Sadhana book and figures much in the
magical work inside -
Ganesha has both orthodox and esoteric sides - not sure when it was
first transmtted to the
western occult community -
i first worked with him in 1981 -

As to Cthulhu - Ganesh's icongraphy has played a role in European
demonology
(see Partha Mitta's "Much Maligned Monsters") - is he the model for
Behemoth and
perhaps some of the Goetic demons - so could well be in there somewhere?

'Love and do what you will'

mogg