Is anyone else noticing a steadying or drop off in numbers attending
their EDs.

Last month we were 10% down on last year and this month is looking like
continuing the trend.  There are a lot of initiatives in the community
to reduce acute on chronic admissions (certainly via A&E) and there are
rumours of penalties being applied to practices that have admissions via
A&E, though I cannot confirm this.  All this before the opening of our
now infamous 'Iffy' centre for the walking wounded/unwell.

If this trend continues we could find ourselves potentially unviable
financially!

Simon McCormick

Rotherham