If you are interested in butchered dogs from IA Ireland, I would take a look at the material from Tara

McCormick, Finbar. 2002. The animal bones from Tara. In, Discovery Programme Reports 6:103-116.

Pam Crabtree

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Stephen Rowland
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 12:46 PM
Subject: [ZOOARCH] Butchered dogs - again!

Dear all,

 This seems to be something that crops up regularly and, after reading the posts, i delete them. I now find myself in a situation where i need to make reference to British iron age butchered dog bones, and now have nothing to go on.

Is there a cache of old posts anywhere which i can search to access all the useful info that has gone before, without having to bother people afresh?

As an aside to Umberto, several years ago you very kindly sent me some of your reports in reference to an IA site i was then examining; i've been told that the final report is going through its last stage of editing, and i hope to be able to reciprocate soon!

I look forward to hearing from anyone who can lend assistance,

best wishes, Steve

Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.