Dear list,

for some obscure reason I want to estimate a GLM only containing only the constant term using SPM5. When I remeber well, in SPM2 I could do this by simply specifying zero conditions. In the SPM5 gui or batch mode, things work differently. To create a model only containing the baseline, I tried leaving the 'Condition' field under Data & Design in the model specification menu empty, and specified scans. I assumed SPM5 would now simply add the constant term to my model as it always does, and things would be groovey. However, when estimating the model, the following happened:

Initialising parameters                 :                   ...computing??? Error using ==> mtimes
Inner matrix dimensions must agree.

Error in ==> spm_FcUtil>sf_X1o at 743
   b = spm_sp('ox',sX)*Fc.X1o.ukX1o;

Error in ==> spm_FcUtil at 301
varargout = {sf_X1o(Fc,sX)};

etc etc...

So apparently SPM expects onsets etc in a Condition field, no matter what.
Does anyone now how to specify the simplest of all designs, namely one with only a constant?

Any advice will be grealy appreciated.

Regards,

Bas

Dr. S.F.W. Neggers
Division of Brain Research
Rudolf Magnus Institute for Neuroscience
Utrecht University Medical Center

Visiting : Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht
           Room B.01.1.03
Mail     : Huispost B01.206, P.O. Box
           3508 GA Utrecht, the Netherlands
Tel      : +31 (0)30 2509609