Very kind, Andrew, and also Doug.

A friend not on the list has emailed me thus:

I see where the details came from, and some of them (such as the
drawings on the bed sheets) are vivid and moving; but I also see a relative
absence of 'poetry', or maybe 'engagement' (am I being unfair? It's almost a
'found' poem, in a way, as it stands.

- and what he says I have to concede is so.

Back to the revisions...

Max