I particularly enjoy reading Oliver Sacks, and it seems that this book will
stand among the good ones. What I will also want to read is: *Uncle
Tungsten: Memories of a Chemical Boyhood*. If you read *A leg to stand
on*you will notice how close the Author is to music.
*Awakenings*, later made into a movie that randomly respects the writing, is
an interesting excursus into the world of medicine made comprehensible to
the common reader.
A great writer.