From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of sharon brogan
Sent: 09 January 2008 02:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Whisper -- SNAP

Whisper

Listen. It's a new moon night. There is no light to be heard
falling on fresh snow. Snow drifting down so quietly you hear
nothing. Listen. Distant electric humming under the evening
silence. A fountain trickles beneath the ice. Far away, geese
call to one another across the slow river. Listen harder. Do you
hear it? The crackling of stars, colliding starlight, high, higher,
in the dimming, snow-speckled night. That hiss. That whisper.

--

~ SB  | http://www.sbpoet.com |  =^..^=