"Spy" is the one word that seems to be there just for the sake of the
rhyme. "Flay" might be better. You could also try "We'll fillet" - but
that would really change things. I

You've already said you're going to try to catch some fish, so to wonder
whether you'll see one two stanzas later seems to be going backward.

Did you consider omitting "down" for the scansion?

And perhaps hearing the ocean sigh should come earlier? The thought
there being to work toward more energy, rather than less.

--
Tad Richards
http://www.opus40.org/tadrichards/

The moral is this: in American verse,