Dori, David and List,

Really interesting question, as a practitioner I always found that the artifacts produced by myself or my colleagues (or what I see in daily life) spoke of the research they had undertaken as part of the brief, however rushed the research may have been. I suppose this is linked to product purpose.

Dori Wrote:
So it is the "design prototype" that is the artifact of evidence in design practice.

For me this begs a sub-question I've been kicking around for a little while: Should the manufacture and release of a product hold the same weight in research reporting as traditional 'publication' of an idea?

best wishes from Melbourne

Robbie

--
Robbie Napper