Hi all,

my intention was to provide an opening for discussion about design
research epistemology without introducing the construct of 'gender',
but by removing the actual bodies themselves. I saw this as a
poststructuralist way to ask a question about possibilities. I wanted
to see what people imagined design research might look like if either
men or women were removed from its practice. This asks for an
entirely different kind of imagining other than the binary of
men/women. In a Foucauldian sense, power and knowledge are
interrelated within the social relations between people and are
(re)produced within discourses. So, I thought if you take out the
bodies, what kind of discursive imagining would ensue?

Any thoughts?
Teena