Hi

I have worked in both ways and i think it depends on the what is logistically feasible. In a world where everyone can get together within appropriate timeframes and you are an onsite service and have the availability for such meetings then a case meeting would be feasible. In other circumstances, particularly if you are an off site service these meetings are not always justifiable on a cost and/or effect basis and in those situations the referring manager can set limits in the referral for you to operate to e.g. can support rehab for 4 weeks only. I also say in my reports " leave it to you as the manager to decide if these recommendations are operationally viable" and try to make the recommendations as flexible as possible to give the manager something to work with.