I would be concerned about a hospital still using Glut, as I was pretty
certain that it had been removed completely over the past five or so
years.

We did pre-employment paper questionnaire, spirometry and then did again
a few weeks post exposure, then at 6 months post exposure, then
annually.  This was just a paper screen, and if any concerns were
identified, we called them in for spirometry.  After Glut ceased to be
used, we did annual screening for 2 years as many staff insisted on
this, and we felt it also would identify any problems with the
replacement agent.

Ensure that there are robust Risk Assessments in place as well as your
job of Health Surveillance - make friends with the Risk Team/Health &
Safety Team.

The same would go for formaldehyde.

Ann

Ann Fisher RGN RSCN PG Dip/OH RNT Cert Ed
Occupational Health Nurse Adviser
Occupational Health Department
B Level BNHFT.
Tel: 01256 31(4730)