Hi All

Does anyone know of a reference document of ratio's of OH staff (whether nurse, practitioner, doctor, technician) to number of employees?  I know there is some guidance on this in the NHS OH departments (off the top of my head it was 1 OHA per 1000 employees?)

But I was thinking of a manufacturing environment with the usual split of manual handling, respiratory sensitisors, noise, drivers, upper limb disorders, stress (just to give a bit of a flavour to the type of info I require).

I have had lots of experience in this area but it seems that each provider/OHA/OHP has different ideas.  I know the true way to work this out would be to have exact numbers of staff and the specific types of exposures but at this stage I don't have access to this information.

Also if any one could point me towards some research or share with me their experience of numbers of management referrals per number of employees that would be really helpful too (again manufacturing environment).

I know there are no hard and fast rules but any evidence/expert opinion would be extremely helpful.  Thanks in advance.

Jane

FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net