HI Tracey

 I don't see how 3 alternate days can help - no guarantee of being symptom
free on days in work or out i would think.

I'd suggest sticking the basics in the report:

   - diagnosis not yet confirmed
   - employee still experiencing symptoms on a regular (how regular -
   ?daily)  triggered by...(is there a specific trigger at work or just general
   workload pressure?)
   - symptoms likely to continue until effective treatment occurs
   - fit for work however risk of recurring symptoms impacting on
   performance and attendance on a frequent basis if required to respond to
   normal work demands
   - reduced hours may support more regular attendance by reducing the
   general duration of the working day and inherent stress in that but would
   again depend on if required to respond to normal work demands

then let the manager decide if he can facilate alternative work
arrangements.

Carr

On 04/01/2008, Tracy Bluestone <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello again,
> Case - staff nurse, recurrant chest pains, aged 33 ? aortic stenosis. Seen
> by cardiologist, OH waiting for report back. Verbal information from
> client, who is very keen to return to work, advised to avoid stressful
> situations, but can work.
> Client works on an acute assessment unit, which is very busy, they have
> had
> chest pains at work and at home. Advice from OH consultant prior to last
> epoisode of chest pains was to work three 7.5 hours shifts on alternate
> days. when client had chest apins at work again, was sent off sick until
> seen by cardiologist, but I have no report back yet.
> dilemma, am I being over cautious? if client is at work and has chest
> pains, they can go to A&E, but this disrupts the ward. Client has 45 min
> train journey to work, stress ful, ward environment, stressful, but if I
> keep them away from work they are stressed beacuse they want to be at
> work!
> OH consultant on holiday.....
> Thanks
> Tracy
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Please remove this footer before replying.
>
> OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/occ-health.html
>
> FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS:
> http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH
>
> OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS
> http://OHJobs.drmaze.net
>
> OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSING EDUCATION