Hi Di,

We used to use pentamadine in respiratory medicine for HIV patients with PCP in the 80's.  I'm sure I was told by Sr. that it was an antibiotic that had been around for some time but had stopped being used because of it's side effects. We used to have to sit patients in a small room with some elephant tubing exhausting the nebulizer into the atmosphere - (we were on the 5th floor).  It was all very experimental at the time.

Jeremy

Message Received: Jan 12 2008, 10:35 PM
From: "Diane Romano-Woodward" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Pentamadine.

 Hello list
I had never heard of this substance so looked it up. Here is an interesting article for anyone else who is interested.It doesn't mention health surveillance , but does mention control measures.
Cheers
Diane

http://www.healthlinemed.com/PDF/Nebulized_Pentamadine.PDF

She said what? About who? Shameful celebrity quotes on Search Star! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remove this footer before replying.

FORTHCOMING CONFERENCES AND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/filearea.cgi?LMGT1=OCC-HEALTH

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net