Hi Tracy
I have had problems like this and you will need to explain that if you can't get any back up info from his GP then you only have the info he has given you and HR and the decision re: on calls will be made by HR and not OH. This usually makes the client change their minds and give further consent. There may be some other reason for him not wishing to do on calls that he has not confided with his GP and this is some thing you will need to find out. Good Luck
Ann Dixon
Crossland Occupational Health Trading as COH