From: John Briggs <[log in to unmask]>

> Marjorie Greene wrote:
> > A very quick dogpile search found this:
> > http://www.1911encyclopedia.org/Dedication
> > The entry is dated but, hey, so is the Bible :-))

> "The transcription and description of the various collects, psalms, anthems,
benedictions, &c., which make up the order of dedication have been omitted for
the sake of brevity."

> Which makes it less than totally helpful for our present purposes :-)

well, who needs all that "wordy" stuff, anyway?

all the Action is in the costumes, the walking around (thrice round the
building, if i recall rightly), the passing of the collection plate, etc.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]