  Yes Cate, Eddie Jones' forthcoming article on Julian of Norwich's name suggests that it was a coincidence a woman baptised Julian being enclosed in a church dedicated to St. Julian. I suppose the church's dedication might have been a motivating factor (though probably not a significant one) in her choice of anchorhold in a city so full of recluses (as indeed Norman Tanner so comprehensively describes).

  Yes Charles, "Teresa of the Child Jesus" (and indeed "of the Holy Face") was Therese of Lisieux. Teresa de Cepeda y Ahumada was known in religious life as Teresa of Jesus, though today is best known of course as Teresa of Avila.

  Best wishes,

  Johan

-------
  Mr. Johan Bergström-Allen
  44 Alne Terrace, York, YO10 5AW, United Kingdom
  Home ( + 44 (0)1904 629964 Mobile ( + 44 (0)7939  037601
    E-mail: [log in to unmask]

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]